Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Good Morning, Canyonlands


Okay, I'm deviating from my order again but only slightly. This was actually my original intended spot for sunrise the morning after Delicate Arch. I decided to rearrange my itinerary and went to Dead Horse Point for sunrise instead. After processing this photo, however, I couldn't wait to post it. This is the sunrise from my third morning in the Moab area.


This spot is called Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park. This is the first true sunburst photo that I have ever gotten and what a place to get one! I was able to trap the sun in the highest crook of the arch during sunrise. I would have liked to get some more of the canyon behind, through the arch, but the angle of the sun at that time of year, in March, is too low in the south for that to happen. For my first time to Mesa Arch, though, I'll take it! This is a 3-stop exposure HDR. One that I can say exceeded my already high expectations for it from the preview in my camera.

You can see a slideshow video of the best photos from my Utah Trip on YouTube.

by : Matthew Crowley Photography

Labels:

Thank You